Sunday, May 1, 2016

The 1st step...

Right since the moment I woke up in the morning, I knew today would be different. The time had come for me to step into the ‘adult’ world. Encouraging my inner self, I was all set to seize the day. With a positive attitude, I made it all the way to Lower Parel for my 1st internship interview.

The cool breeze of the office AC had not only wiped away the sweat beads off my face, but also somehow managed to boost my confidence as well. This place was an office like no other I had ever seen! Being, a media company it screamed creativity! The walls were splashed with shades of orange and green. On it hung beautiful, elegant works of art, and high digital resolution pictures which looked as though they were cut out from the cover of a magazine!

Overcome with a bit of nervousness, I wondered if the girl sitting beside me could hear butterflies churning loudly in my stomach. As the clock ticked I became increasingly nervous as to how I would fit in if I ever would get selected. My mind began wandering places. After what seemed like eternity, I heard my name being called out.


I followed the HR manager into a pretty, small yet stylish conference room where I was bombarded with many questions. Since I had mentally been prepared for the interview, I looked him in the eye and began with my answers, calm, composed and confident. What threw me off, I admit was the test I needed to undergo. I had no idea that I was to give such a test. However I gave my best and now hope for the best! I walked out of the office with a smile on my face and an enhanced confidence. Now I await eagerly for the outcome. 

2 comments: